Monday, May 20, 2013
May 20
Being that today was the first day of senior service, I was unsure as to what I should expect. When I got there, the first thing I did was help in the kitchen so they would be ready for lunch. Lynn, the director of the senior center, said she really needed people to work in the kitchen, so was really excited that Jackie and I were volunteering there. After doing that, we rearranged the books they had to make them neat and easily accessible. Then came time for lunch, so we helped put the meals together and then we served them to all the seniors. When everyone finished eating, we served a cake because it was Rosemarie's, a seniors, birthday and her son brought it to surprise her. Finally, we cleaned everything up and our work day was over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Alexis - Sounds like a great day, did you get a piece of cake?
ReplyDelete